Animation / Cartoon Creation

For this Learning Experience I created and composed with two different free online platforms.

The first platform I chose was Moovly. In order to begin to the learn they provided a short 5 minute tutorial: "Getting Started with Moovly Studio," which was embedded right after logging in. I found this to be very helpful! After watching the video, in just a few short steps I was able to create a project, pick objects to add to the stage with the properties panel, add and adjust the text and arrange the placement of the text video objects and sounds by changing the timing the on the timeline. I have worked with a program before that used a short of timeline to "layer" objects, text, and sound so I found this quite easy to work in and create since it felt familiar to me. I do not have any negative to report on this platform since I also found it easy to download my creation to my Google Drive and save to my computer.



The second platform I used was StoryboardThat. I had to go find YouTube videos to show me how to work the program which is not ideal to me. I did like that I could create a storyboard for free with a 14 day free trial. One can also create two storyboards per week without having to upgrade their account. Although, I saved my work when halfway done and then saved my work at the end (instead of updating) and I used my two free storyboards. Knowing this, I could work in the program for free and still create a couple storyboards per week. You are unable to download your creation for free without the logo pasted across the each panel of the storyboard; so it might be worth the upgrade. 

Dreaming of warmer weather was my inspiration for this cartoon.


I enjoyed working with Moovly. My project for this course was a personal creative bit for my kids and I feel I would use it in the future for something similar. I am unsure where or when I would use it in my work. This experience is something to keep in the back of my mind in case an opportunity would present itself in the future. 

I am not sure where or when I would use StoryboardThat in my work, unless it was something I created to use during a presentation of some sort. I feel that this could be used in a classroom as a creative way to access students retaining new information. 

These platforms provided two totally different projects, but I was much more impressed with Moovly and would recommend it to others due to the ease of project creation. 



 


Comments