Google Docs

For my BCOM 350 course we were assigned four different tasks to complete inside Google Docs. 

We had work in four different applications: 

1. Google Sheets

2. Google Forms

3. Google Docs

4. Google Slides 

The first was a spreadsheet in Google Docs. All information for the chart was provided by the instructor. I found this task to be fairly easier due to my previous work and school experiences using Google Docs. In addition, I have found Google Docs layout and functions to be very similar to those in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) 

I have nothing negative to report in my experiences with Google Docs. This was the first time that I have used it to create a graph and it is a feature that I may utilize on future projects; as it was very easy and it provided a very professional looking chart. I was impressed with the ease of the process. 

Here is the link to my Google Doc "WannaGetAPizza" 

Our next assignment was to create a form; which I have not done in the past. I followed the instructor's directions, but I believe Google has updated since these instructions were created since I was unable to find a "Blueprint" theme. I did choose choose a theme that looked appropriate. The survey created is a survey to gather information on computer usage. 

You can look and take the survey:  "Computer Use" 

The third assignment was to create a Google Doc to document how we will use Google Docs in the future in Docs Reflection

Finally, we created a presentation in Google Slides for "Wanna-Get-A-Pizza" which allowed us to navigate and create while checking out all the features in this application. 

This is the first time I have created a presentation in Slides. I feel that from here on out this is the program I will utilize to create since I can easily share this with others. In addition, if needed I can access from my computer or my phone and its always up-to-date. I can easily ask a groupmate or colleague to review my work for accuracy before a presentation by sharing a link with them. I was impressed with Slides and felt very comfortable working in this application even without prior experience only because it is so very similar to Power Point. I highly recommend Google applications. I see them as a step above or an improvement upon Microsoft programs. 


Comments