MOBILE APP CREATION

For this assignment, the final one, for this course, we were asked to use Glide to create a mobile app. I was able to easily sign up with Google log in. Upon going to the homepage, I found Glide to to be well organized to get started. I found a video tutorial "Learn to Glide." Once I began working in the app I did find it a bit confusing to navigate and create and this may have been since I was not sure what type of app to build. 

I have a couple of friends I imagine this could be a beneficial tool. So, I choose to develop a "property manager" app. The app will allow for property managers to track their properties including: potential and active revenue, open units, leases, tenants along with contact information, tasks to complete and the names of contractors to perform those tasks. 


Obviously, the app is shareable and allows multiple users. I imagine that this would be helpful for the property manager contact person to use this app to document tasks that need to be completed or fixed. If that person had a short of maintenance person this app would serve as a sort of place to organize "work order" for tasks that need attention on all the properties. Once done, the task can be marked "completed" and both parties are on the same page that it was done. 

I added a picture of an issue and felt the picture quality was good. I easily added that some paint needed to touched up in the hallway. I was able to upload a picture and make note that it needs "tan" paint. Besides documenting "tan paint" one could document the actual paint color, location on the wall, the size of area that needs repair, etc. I could also envision that one could use this to document paint colors for each property, so when one is traveling around town taking care of "to do" list items, it will be known, in this instance which color of paint the project will require. 

Not only would this be helpful for the person fixing issues, but it would serve to document how each tenant cares for the property since, most likely a return deposit is based upon how the tenant cares for the property. Once marked "complete" the "task" stays on the list and says "completed" which would allow the manager to track all the issues each tenant has while in the lease. 

Here I have included screenshots of the app. I found it very easy to add "tasks" and upload a picture of the issue. 


In addition, I imagine this being a useful tool when the person going out to make repairs can easily access a list of tasks that need to be completed (with details) for each property. 


This app has many options and templates, which allows anyone to track anything and allows one to be on the go. In this instance is a great place to track contractors in the event a plumber or electrician needs to be contacted in an emergency type event when the property manager may not be working in the office. I can also envision that one might need to contact a tenant for an immediate need and this app is a complete database at your fingertips and would provide all that information with access gained in just a couple of clicks. I found that it would be helpful for the property manager to: 1. open the app 2. click "contractors" scroll down to the business contact and email or call with the click of a button. This could occur while they are watching little league baseball game or driving across town to pick up medication at the pharmacy. Glide would help reduce the amount of time it would take to do their job. 

All in all, I think it would take some time to build in this app, but the payoffs would be well worth it. There is also a portion that could assist with accounting including revenue from each property and as a whole. Although, I do not foresee that I would have a need to build my own app, this assignment made the task less daunting should the issue ever arise. 

Comments