QR CODE

HOW TO CREATE A FREE QR CODE AND MY RECOMMENDATIONS

In an effort to reduce virus transmission many restaurants have moved to scanning a QR code which allows you read their menu. QR codes are an easy and quick way to get people information, literally right into their hands. I have tested two different sites and will review them for you.

The first option I tried was QR Code Generator. I wanted to direct folks to the main FHSU page. So, I inserted the FHSU web address into the generator. It created the QR code. I went to download it which required a me to sign up. I did notice that it seemed that I could use the “snipping tool,” so I tested it out and it worked.

The QR code from QR Code Generator has been inserted here.  


This was a VERY easy process!

 




Next, I tried QRCode Monkey with very similar results.

Again, this QR code will direct you to the FHSU website.


While there were many options to set the color, have access to statistics, insert a logo or customize the design. I am not sure that would generate any new interest to someone using a QR code (at least for me, it would not).

I honestly do not see any cons to either of free QR code generators. They were self-explanatory and very easy to work. I would recommend either of them.

 

 



Comments